|Department:||Engineer, Data Center|
About Cumberland Group
Voted as a top 10 best workplace by the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Cumberland Group is the advisory and services firm companies turn to when their technology can't keep up with today's demands. We sit at the intersection of management consulting firms, technology manufacturers, VARS, and system integrators. Our combination of fresh perspective, deep resources, and turn-on-a-dime flexibility is why leading companies partner with Cumberland Group for their most challenging IT initiatives. Whatever it takes for whatever’s next.
Cumberland Group is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team! The right candidate will have strong experience in Amazon Web Services, as well as be fluent in Java. They will also be detail-oriented and a skilled problem solver who can help us to streamline and automate our process.
Essential Job Functions
- Build whole stack ELBs to databases.
- Effectively manage and assign projects as necessary while lending support to the team.
- Building and maintaining tools, solutions and microservices associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring that all meet our customer service standards and reduce errors.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Test system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
- Update processes and design new processes as needed.
- Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
- Automate operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with security requirements.
- Specifying, documenting and developing new product features, and writing automating scripts.
- Establish DevOps Engineer team best practices.
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes.
- Work with open-source technologies as needed.
- Work with CI and CD tools, and source control such as GIT and SVN.
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for business to improve.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and AWS.
- Strong experience with databases such as SQL, MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, and/or Mongo.
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile, Jira, WorkFront, Scrum/Kanban/SAFe, etc.
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Experience in working with Puppet or Chef for automation and configuration.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
- More than two years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus.
- Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
- Current with industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement.
- Time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed.
- Team player.
Cumberland Group, LLC is an EEO/AA employer.
If you are unable to complete this application online, you may contact Tricia Dukes, in Human Resources, by email (email@example.com) or by phone at 770-726-3016.
Please do not contact employer unless you are unable to apply online.